Get started now
Who Is Coaching For?
Health coaching is for anyone who wants to improve their health and well-being. Appropriate topics for health coaching include all of the following:
- Personal Growth
- Social Life
What Is Health and Wellness Coaching?
As your coach, I take a whole-person approach to your well-being and will be a partner on your path. I will listen to you, reflect your thoughts, and ask thoughtful questions to motivate you to reach your goals. We will spend time exploring what is most important to you and I will empower you to decide on a plan of action. I will assist you in monitoring your progress, hold you accountable, and we will brainstorm ways to overcome any barriers that get in your way.
What To Expect
What is The Process Like?
First, you will set the agenda, deciding what will be discussed and what you want to work on for that session. Next, we will review your previous agreements, goals, strategies, and tracking tools. Then we will go deeper into what you want to discuss for that session, connect your values to your behavioral changes, identify your strengths and any areas that may prove challenging to you, and figure out how to overcome those challenges. After that, we will set our new agreements and plan. Finally we will close the session and you will give your feedback on the session.
Welcome to JoniHough.com. I’m so glad you are here. I am a certified health coach and my goal is to help you make sustainable, healthy choices that not only help you live longer, but to love the life you live.
Five years ago my doctor told me I could either lose weight or I would have a heart attack. This terrified me because at the time I was only 10 years younger than my dad was when he had quadruple heart bypass surgery.
I chose to lose weight. Since then, I have lost 150 pounds. My blood sugar and cholesterol are both now under control. My journey, which has by no means been easy or without setbacks, has inspired me to help others improve their well-being and to take control of their health. You don’t have to do this alone.
When I discovered the health coaching program at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Wake Forest University School of Medicine, I realized I could combine my need to help people with my belief that ultimately everyone is an expert in their own life. In my previous career as a teacher, I loved when students’ self-confidence would grow as that light bulb went off and they discovered something new. As a health and wellness coach, I love to see my clients’ self-confidence grow as they put self-revelations together and reach their goals.
My Values & Beliefs
- You will be empowered to make your own decisions.
- Your journey is unique, and just because something worked for me, doesn’t mean it will work for you. That is why I will listen and ask insightful questions that lead you down your own path.
- You are the expert in what will work in your life.
- I work 100% for you and your goals (not mine).
- I won’t give up on you. I believe in you, even when you don’t believe in yourself. With the right support you can reach your goals.
- You won’t be judged.
- You will be authentically listened to and I will work truly understand what you are saying, not think about what I’m going to say next, while you are talking.
- You will be treated with compassion and empathy.